Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Mother's Day

As mother to two young children; 4 years and 22 months, I can tell you that Mother's Day is probably not yet meaningful to my children as it is to me. At this stage of my children's life, I know that every day is a day to celebrate their mommy because they tell me they love me often, they kiss me countless times and they make me little gifts as gestures of their affection for me. I know that as the years pass, these daily treasures will slow down and their love will be shown to me in other ways. Mother's Day will become a day for us to make sure we are together to celebrate our family.

When I first became a mother, I had no idea what the power of that word really meant. The first years with my son was an adventure, a struggle, a party and a realization of who I was. At that time in my life, I was full time career obsessed and was completely focused on getting to the next level in my job. When I had my daughter, my life went into a tailspin and everything I knew about "me", completely changed. My career no longer existed and my identity as a career woman was gone. I was now at home, exploring the possibilities of what I wanted to do next. It was at this time, that I completely calmed down and started to truly enjoy my children: our daily adventures, our routines, our accomplishments. I have learned to take it all in. This was the best Mother's Day gift I could have received.

We took this photo last April and much has changed since then. Of course we launched the website HarpersLove. 



My son, Kaden "Harper" (middle name) is now 4 and speaks like a young man vs. a little boy. He now writes his name and is learning to read. 


2012

2013


My daughter, Malena "Amore" (Italian for Love), is walking and talking and doing all the crazy things that toddlers do.  
2012
2013


Yes, much has changed in this year. One thing that has been consistent has been my adoration and love for my mother.



Words can not express how much she means to me and the gifts she has given to me so that I can be the best person that I can be. She taught me to be confident about my choices, to be focused on my goals, to love and to give. Her lessons continue every day and I am always her child, even though I am a grown woman. My mother's greatest gift to me is her love. The best gift any child could receive. 







This will be our first Mother's Day celebrating with our HarpersLove community and family. We look forward to hearing great stories, seeing pictures of all of those beautiful mothers and celebrating all that they do for us!

Happy Mother's Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment